Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Dramatic Entrance"

"Dramatic Entrance"
© David A. Ziser

This image was made shortly after I started shooting Canons. I was particularly intrigued with the "high speed sync" feature of the system and gave it a try for this shot. The goal was to darken the sky considerably. That necessitated a very short shutter speed - 1/1000 second - in the afternoon daylight. I set the on-camera and off-camera flashes to Master -Slave mode. Next I set the high speed sync setting on the on-camera flash which syncs up with off-camera flash (see you manuals). Because of the reduction of light output in this flash configuration, I had my assistant fairly close to the subject - they were easily removed with Photoshop. Here is the resulting shot. Camera specs; Canon 20D fitted with 10-22m lens at 10mm, F5.6 @ 1/1000 second, ISO 100. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,
    Nice photo as usual. Did you use tungsten WB and/or a gel to get the blueish tint? Your photos are always amazing/breath taking I wish it was as easy as you make it sound.(LOL)Again great work.

    ReplyDelete