Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"A Big Day For The Little Girls"

"A Big Day For The Little Girls"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image during my very first digital wedding shoot on December 30, 2000. The Hasselblad was safely in the trunk of my car, just in case. As my confidence grew throughout the day - that's where it stayed. Yes, after much anxiety I made it through that first complete digital wedding. Do you remember the first day you threw caution to the wind and made the leap from film to digital?
It was a pretty scary prospect for a lot of film shooters, but we made it and I for one have never looked back. Now I have photographers in my classes/audiences who have never shot film! That's a shocker for most film guys and girls out there.

I know I post a lot of dramatic pictorials, but I photograph a lot of fun, spontaneous images on the wedding day as well. I love this one. All the little girls, mostly nieces, were gathered around the bride just having a good time, telling stories, teasing, giggling just moments before they were to begin the processional down the aisle. I guess holiday spirits were still running high or maybe it was feeling like a princess as only little girls can feel when they get dressed up. It sure seemed to show on their faces. Camera specs; Fuji S-1 fitted with Tamron 28-105mm lens at 32mm, F 2.8 @ 1/20 second, ISO 320. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Great image as usual.

    Like you, I don't plan to ever burn another piece of film though I still have several film bodies.

    By the way, I just found a Fuji S1 on Ebay. The current bid amount was 99 cents. I suspect you paid more for yours.

    ReplyDelete