Monday, September 08, 2008

Fun In The Sun

"Fun In The Sun"
© David A. Ziser

Here is one more image made during the Wedding Shoot Out. We were just outside the church in the direct sun. There was a slight breeze and I was able to get this very spontaneous shot as the bride grabbed the veil and wrapped it around herself. I love her coquettish expression and how her hair is blowing naturally across her face too. I was able to place the sun behind the bride putting her face in complete shade, but back lighting the veil for a nice effect. Shooting into the shadow side allows me to bring in my off camera flash to create the flattering "loop-lighting" on her face. That's the Mandalay Bay behind the bride also in shadow. It's lower density offers a nice background to the shot. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 150mm, F 8.0 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200.
Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    This is a very pleasant shot, you can really feel the expression from the bride.
    Could you share how you trigger your off-camera flash under direct outdoor sunlight? I use the 580ex as a master and always have mis-fires since the sunlight inteferes with the triggering. And perhaps you could share what was the flash exposure setting that will allow you to get the nice fill light on the bride.. -1 or -2 EV on the flash?

    Thanks for the sharing in your blog and also the videos, I know it takes up a lot of time and I'm really grateful for it!!

    Cheers,
    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bride looks like she must break out of jail! :)

    ReplyDelete