Thursday, March 27, 2008

"The View From Above"

"The View From Above"
© David A. Ziser


I wanted a different perspective of the bride and groom in this beautiful church. I think this technique filled the bill. I put my camera on a monopod and set it for a 10 second self timer delay. After focusing on the couple, I put the fisheye lens in “manual mode” to preserve the focus for the shot. I had a small accent light positioned behind the subjects and my Quantum supplying the primary key light slightly from the side. I pressed the shutter release, started my count to 10 and at about 6, started raising the camera into position about 6 feet over my head. (You need to practice this a few times to get the framing right.) I asked the couple for a good smile at the last second and got the shot. Camera specs; Canon 30D fitted with Sigma 8mm Fisheye, F5.6 @ 1/30 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

6 comments:

  1. Very nice....

    Now all I need is a Fisheye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings David,

    the number of posts on this page is way too huge. Please look into it, since your blog is now impossible to access using Firefox.

    Best,
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photograph, David! I love your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats awesome, and very inventive. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very nice,

    Did you place your accent light on the floor ?

    BTW, I use Safari and I don't have any trouble seeing all the posts. I really enjoy your blog and you continue to be an inspiration to me.

    Mario Herrera

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why not just purchase Canon's remote cord? Grab the trigger and the monopod and fire away. No more counting, and you can get nice sequences. It would save you from having to raise and lower the monopod several times if you don't get the shot you wanted.

    I like to use this on the dance floor, when there is no elevation available.

    ReplyDelete