Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"The Sleeping Lady Of Manzanillo"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image Sunday, the first day we arrived in Manzanillo, Mexico. For our first sunset down here, nature hit it out of the park. The view is of "The Sleeping Lady", a rock formation that the Mexicans believe looks like a lady lying in the sea. It is kind of easy to see the similarity - beautiful, nevertheless. Camera specs; Nikon 300D fitted with 18-200mm lens at 48mm, F11 @ 1/800 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! --David

3 comments:

  1. The past few days you have posted recent images that have all been captured by the Nikon D300 with the 18-200mm lens. Are you crossing back over or just giving the new camera a test drive. I ask because I used to use the Nikon format in the film days and now I am a Canon user but I still love the Nikon interface ... any thoughts on the D300?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now there's a sunset that makes your hair stand on end! Gorgeous...

    I caught one this past winter down near the Missouri river that lit up the sky with the deepest orange I had ever seen and it translated beautifully onto the final image. Makes your heart just skip a beat when it all comes together, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned a yesterday that the D3 has no noise, even at ISO 3200 - how does the D300 compare? I'm shooting with the D200 & I rarely take it over ISO 400 - an insane amount of noise in low light conditions (I'm in Alaska, so that's half the year).

    ReplyDelete