Monday, March 24, 2008

"Morning Glory"

"Morning Glory"
© David A. Ziser


I created this image while hiking through the Valley of Fire. This National Park is a magnificently beautiful locale just 45 minutes outside Las Vegas. LaDawn and I head there every year because of the shear beauty of this geographic wonder in the middle of the desert. This is actually a mid afternoon shot of some spring wildflowers taken from an extremely low perspective. My camera was just inches off the ground giving the vantage point of the flowers reaching to the sky. The wide angle lens accentuated the effect. The contrasting colors of the wildflowers framed by the red sandstone and against the blue sky makes for a very pleasing composition. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 10mm, F14 @ 1/500 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog based on the recommendations of Scott Kelby's book - The Digital Photography Book - I'm excited to read through and learn all of your secrets! This shot is gorgeous... I love that angle and lucky me! I have a Canon 40D and 10-22 lens! I will certainly give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your website reading Scott Kelby's book. What a beautiful picture.. Now,, I am wondering why did you shoot with ISO 400??? Shouldn't you want to shoot at ISO 100 to obtain best pictures?

    ReplyDelete