Monday, March 17, 2008

"A Magical Evening"

"A Magical Evening"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image this past Saturday at the wedding I was covering. The bride and groom had just come in to see their reception room before the guests entered - and it was a beautiful room. In the few minutes we had I took a few shoots with the room surrounding them. This was my favorite. As we were wrapping, I asked them to just give each other a kiss which they did very playfully. I held the camera over my head and shot away. I'm pretty good at targeting my subject and their position was perfect in the composition. My assistant was behind them with my flash at 1/2 power. I selected a shutter speed that picked up some of the room detail and captured a great image for my clients. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22mm at 10mm, F 5.6 @ 1/40 second, ISO 1600. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. The warmth of the color enhanced the mood and success of the shot - well done (of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, did you use "Print Screen" to capture this image? I think I can see a mouse button at the back of the bride and groom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mention that you have your assistance holding a flash behind them, are you using any frontal lighting like your built in flash the 40D has or is it all ambient light?

    Denis

    ReplyDelete