Monday, March 03, 2008

Manzanillo and Nikon

Well, here we are in beautiful Manzanillo, Mexico for the week – boy, is it gorgeous here. We arrived mid-day Sunday and are just spending the week just hanging out – well, mostly. We are actually down here to photograph Villa Paraiso for their web site. Check out where we are staying right here - unbelievable! Hey, it’s a dirty job, but somebody has got to do it. I’ll pop a few images up this week.

Wait, there’s more cool stuff happening too. Nikon has been kind enough to let me try some of their gear out for the next month. Right before we left for the convention on Friday, I was tearing into the boxes on a new D3, D300, 80-200mm VR lens, 15-35mm lens and 2 SB800’s the day before so I could get up to speed with them before the trip. A 24-70mm is still on the way to me.

Those of you who have been following the blog know that two of my favorite features of the new Canon and Nikon cameras are first; Highlight Tone Priority on the Canon side and Active D- Lighting on the Nikon side, and second; the high ISO’s the new cameras are capable of letting us capture. I'm really looking forward to give Nikon’s 25,600 ISO a try.

I have to say, I shot a high school play Thursday evening with the D3 at 3200 ISO and took a quick peek Friday – I was amazed – NO noise! I'm going to run the cameras through their paces this week while I have some time. I’ll keep you posted – should be pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to all your opinions on D3 and D300. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete