Friday, March 21, 2008

And Speaking Of Creativity - How About Fun With Smoke

Don't try this in a New York City restaurant with their no smoking rule - but it would be cool to try at home. I always been intrigued by the guys and girls that experiment with smoke photographs. The random designs are always interesting and simply beautiful to me. Rick, better known as "CheekyBikerBoy" over at Flickr has a great series of images he produced. The really cool thing is that he gives you an in depth tutorial on just how to do it. I have to say, it is a thorough and informative piece. Give Rick's smoke pics a peek right here.

Hey, let's take it a step further. I ran one of Rick's images through one of my Photoshop actions which does a "mirror image" flip of the image. I flipped it once, rotated it 90 degrees and flipped a second time to get this final result - kind of cool - I call it "Jaws. Let's do it one more time. Check out the original smaller image and then my result after the flips - a very cool design. So keep playing!!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes other things appear in the smoke - see this photo on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/querth/379324000/

    ReplyDelete