Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"A Walk Up Bourbon"

A Walk Up Boubon

"A Walk Up Bourbon"
©David A. Ziser

Here is an image I made while walking through the French Quarter on Monday.  We walked nearly the full length of Bourbon Street.  Sure, we passed all the party stops within the first half of the walk but further up you'll find yourself in a much more residential area.  The buildings are historic and old and look like they've been painted many times over the years. This part of Bourbon Street has quite a bit of character, color, and personality.  The walk reminded me a bit like our very colorful Cabo San Lucas walks.  I love this image from Monday's walk.  I shot the scene much wider that what you see here. I decided to crop it as you see it here.  I purposely truncated two of the three shutters so I could isolate just the single set of shutters in the top right of the composition.  This allowed all the main colors - reds and blues - to bleed out of the image area creating a cool abstract collection of colors and shapes.  Only one edge is aligned with the right edge of the image.  No other edge in the scene is aligned to anything speaking to the age and settling of the structure. Bourbon Street - a great place for photographs.  Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS at 40mm, F9.0 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200. Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment