Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Slow Down, You Move to Fast - High Speed Photography

Here is your science project for the long weekend - not really, but I think the sound trigger device discussed over at DoItYourselfPhotograpy was quite interesting. I was into that kind of stuff in my younger days - it's that "geekiness" coming through again. I still love those early 1940's images created by HAROLD E. "DOC" EDGERTON (1903-1990).

Anyway, I was going to post this days ago, but let it slide. Then it came around again and I became more interested in it. Here's the deal - you can build a sound trigger to fire your flash at the very instant the trigger hears the sound of a gunshot, dropped light bulb, bursting balloon - whatever. Check out some images made with the sound trigger right here. And for more on the subject, there is a nice piece over at PhotoCritic right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment