Friday, November 09, 2007

Poll Results - Digital vs Film Use

I ran this poll for just about a month and the voting has just finished. Thanks to all who took the time to vote. I got the idea for the poll when I read this surprising article Kodak posted which said, "...9,000 professional photographers in the U.S. shows that film continues to have an avid following, with 75 percent of photographers saying they will continue to use film, even as some embrace digital imaging technology." Here is the link to the article right here.

I couldn't believe my eyes, or the quote - hence the poll. From the 917 of you voting, here are the results: All Digital; 772 - 84% / All Film; 9 - 0.01% / Mostly Digital, Some Film; 121 - 13% / Mostly Film, Some Digital; 15 - 1%. Sure, this blog is DigitalProTalk, that might skew the results somewhat, but not 75%.

Hey, I'm only the messenger. By the way, you can view all the other poll results by scrolling waaaay down the right hand side of the page - interesting results. Hey, give me some of your ideas for surveys.

1 comment:

  1. Recently, I interviewed Brian Griffin, Douglas Kirkland, John Saxton, and Chris Orwig and all of them use film in their workflow. Some, like Brian Griffin and Douglas Kirkland shoot both digital and film, but scan the film into digital images prior to final output. John Saxton, however, continues to use film and a wet darkroom.

    I will be interviewing more photographers in the future and I expect to see both film and digital workflows--after all, film can deliver a different feeling without the extent of major post processing.

    ReplyDelete