Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cabo - Variations on a Theme

Speaking of creativity exercises, here is a little thing I was doing yesterday. We had just returned with our group from a day at the pool. I'm not to much a pool or sun guy, so I just poked around the local with my camera. One of my first images was that of a simple palm tree against the blue ocean - nothing spectacular, just an interesting play of colors and shapes.After getting back to the house, I happened on the image and popped it in to Photoshop. I started "goosing" the colors, and then started changing the color relationships with the Hue slider - (Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation.) I found the results intriguing. I leave you to judge the final result - for me, it was just letting my brain go out and play, which, by the way, I think all brains need that now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment