Thursday, November 22, 2007

"Heading Home"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image while on a recent visit to Tampa, Florida. The sun had just set a few moments earlier and was working it's evening magic on the sky. I find it intriguing that people walk away from a sunset long before the show is over. I love how the sky takes on its deep azure blue color just before the stars began to appear.

As I was watching this sunset's final chapter, I noticed a fisherman packing up his gear and started heading home. I thought I missed the shot because I was hoping to have him framed right where the sun had set (in the left third of the image.) Nevertheless, I kept shooting.

Now looking at the image, I believe he ended up in the perfect position slightly right and heading out of the. This illustrates even more that he is indeed heading out of the sun's light into the evening's dusk, to home , to rest, to relax, as I hope all of get to do today.
Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy! --David

1 comment:

  1. David, Camera lens setting...the usual. I rely on them to teach me.-Thanks Dale

    ReplyDelete