Monday, August 08, 2011

"Somewhere in Time"

Somewhere In Time

"Somewhere in Time"
©David A. Ziser

I get quite a few requests from my DPT readers asking me about my favorite wedding images.  Do I have a Top 10 list of my top all time images.  On Thursday of this week, I’m planning to review a few of those images with you.  This is one of those images.

It was taken a number of years ago in Rochester, New York.  I remember I captured the image in one of the city’s government buildings.  It was approximately 10 minutes after 12:00 noon and nearly all the civil servants had left the building on their lunch break – we practically had the building to ourselves.  The location was almost Romanesque with all its beautiful arches and columns.  What a great place for a wedding photograph!

I went up to the forth level asking the couple to stay on the second level.  Compositionally, I think the image is just striking.  I’ll talk more about how the image came together on Thursday.

Camera specs:  Hasselblad 500 CM fitted with 40mm Distagon lens, F8.0 @ 1/500 second, Vericolor 400 speed film.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment