Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Springtime Blues"

Sprintime Blues

"Springtime Blues"
©David A. Ziser

This image is from my fine art collection.  It was made a few years ago when LaDawn and I headed over to a local park at the height of the Spring color.

The challenge to myself for this photo walk was to ONLY use my 70-200mm lens and a wider aperture.  Those constrictions would force me to look at the scene differently and hopefully be inspired to get some cool images.  Constraining yourself to focal lengths and F stops is a great way to exercise your creative talents.

I spotted an iris and began taking a series of images.  This one is my favorite,  I love how I’m only seeing wisps of focused leaf tips in the overall composition.  The iris pedal itself is also reasonably sharp but it’s the contrast of the rich blue/violet color against the softly focused vibrant greens that makes this image work.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 160, F 4.0 @ 1/500 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment