Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Breakfast At Tiffany's"

Breakfast At Tiffany's

"Breakfast At Tiffany's"
© David A. Ziser

This was just a quick “grab shot” at a beautiful wedding I did a few years ago.  We were returning from Fountain Square, a very popular place for capturing wedding photographs especially for weddings taking place at various downtown Cincinnati hotels. 

As we were walking back to the hotel the bride asked me to grab a quick photograph of her in front of Cincy’s finest jewelry story.  I gladly obliged.  The weather was just a bit gray with offered the soft lighting I wanted.  But, you know me – I always want to add a little dimension to my images and do that with off camera flash.

The problem – look at the curved front door of Tiffany’s.  Everywhere I tried to position the flash gave me a horrendous blasting reflection back into the camera.  I quickly switched to Plan B – shoot it straight available light.

The image was OK but not great in color, but making it B&W and increasing the mid-tone tonalities gave me the image I wanted and a wall portrait the bride loved.

Camera specs: Canon 40D fitted with Sigma 12-24mm lens at 18mm, F5.6 @ 1/400 second, ISO 500.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment