Thursday, August 18, 2011

"Three Generations, One Rite Of Passage"

Three Gererations, One Rite Of Passage

"Three Generations, One Rite Of Passage"
©David A. Ziser

Here is an image I made from one of my "temple" shoots last year. Grandfather, father, and son all together for this photograph.  Our young Bar Mitzvah was running through his Torah reading and I didn't want to interrupt. 

I backed up considerably from the three of them, and zoomed in tight for this shot.  I was trying something different during this shooting session.  The Rabbi had to leave in just a few minutes so we were shooting at about "a mile a minute." Just to avoid any lens changes, I placed 18-200mm IS lens on my Canon 7D.  Boy, did that make the shooting fun and fast considering our time constraints. 

As the three gentlemen were rehearsing, our young Bar Mitzvah, his dad, and grandfather, I could get about 50 feet away, zoom in close and get a great candid shot. My Quantum flash was coming in from camera right shooting through my Zumbrella at 1/4 power to give me the nice dimensional light on the scene.

I’ll see everyone again in about 3 weeks – I’m photographing this boy’s younger sister for her Bat Mitzvah.  I think that brings the total up to about 22 cousins I’ve photographed for this family since 1997. Nice to have good and loyal clients.

Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 70mm, F6.3 @ 1/60 second, ISO 1000. Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment