Friday, August 19, 2011

"Evening Fire"

"Evening Fire"
© David A. Ziser

I was searching through some old folders on my computer and noticed this image.  It was an image I posted a few years ago, but you know, it grabbed my attention again so I thought I’d share it with you for the weekend. 

This image was made while on a short walk around our neighborhood. It was a peaceful tranquil evening, without a breeze in the air or a bird in the sky. I happened to have my camera with me and created this image just as the last vestiges of light was leaving the sky.

A bit of Photoshop added to the dramatic sky without spoiling the moment. As I was putting the image together in my mind, I thought the foreground needed just a bit more interest in the very calm pond, so I asked LaDawn to throw a small pebble onto the surface of the water. I have to say, it took a few tries to get the pebble to land in just the right place, but after a few tries, I had the image.

Camera specs; Nikon D1X fitted with Tamron 24-135mm lens at 24mm, F4.5 @1/60 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! –David

P.S. Hey gang, while going back through my blog I just found this other really cool post entitled, “Inspiration Friday - Creating The Emotion - Let The Sun (or Moon) Shine In”.  In that post you see 3 more variations on this same image and my thoughts on how the viewer may perceive them.  Give it a peek, I think you’ll enjoy the read.

Have a great weekend everybody!  -David

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful image and great idea for having LaDawn throw that pebble. The water motion really adds to the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image. David was it yourself of Scott Kelby that ran a post during the year or maybe earlier about a tripod that is great to use in churches etc as the legs collapse inwards when you pick it up and spread out again when you put it down somewhere else? Can you or anyone else you tell me what they are called or where to get one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those weren't "vestiges." They were photons! ;-)

    --K.O.

    ReplyDelete