Friday, August 26, 2011

“Elegance In White”

Berke after

"Elegance In White"
© David A. Ziser

This is one of my favorite wedding images I’ve made in recent years - simple, classic, elegant.  The lighting on her face was simply the light pouring in the open front door of her parent’s home. Oh, should I mention That I photographed her mom and dad’s wedding too – yes, really - at the very beginning of my photographic career.  It’s kind of cool to get a call from a past bride asking you to photograph her daughter’s wedding.  You think, “Where have all the years gone!?” 

Anyway, it’s quite the honor to receive such a call.  I sure hope that with the huge influx of photographers in the market these days, that a few get to experience the wonderful feelings and emotions of such a moment.  Anyway, I digress ;~)

This image was captured shortly after I had arrived at the bride’s home.  She and her girls were just finishing up getting ready.  I was looking for a suitable background for the portrait of this beautiful young lady.  Finally I went to Plan B – I decided to use the wall in the entrance foyer behind her.  Only one problem, it was a dark shade of gold!

I had the easy solution – make it white. How? You say.  With my Quantum flash blasting (just the right amount) of light on the background to overexpose the wall from gold to white.  That pretty well made the shot.  I had gorgeous lighting on her face from the natural light pouring in from the door – the white background nailed it giving me this beautiful bridal portrait.

Camera specs: Canon 40 D fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 65mm, F5.6@ 1/80 second, ISO 500.  Enjoy!  -David

p.s.  This is one of the first images featured in my book, Captured By the Light [link]. In one of the later chapters, I show you in detail how I pulled off this image. -David

1 comment:

  1. Robin from UK, its great to see how you think outside of the box so many times, simple solution and great advice David, thanks.

    ReplyDelete