Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Oooooh, I Love You"

Ooooh, I Love YouIMG_5773

"Oooooh, I Love You"
©David A. Ziser

Those of you reading this blog know that I'm kind of a stickler for my loop lighting patterns and classical views of the face when shooting to enhance my clients. But, you know what, sometimes when it looks good, you've just got to take the shot.

That was the case in today’s image. We were working in the bright Las Vegas sun and I had my assistant holding an 84 inch translucent umbrella over the couple. The soft light of the large umbrella's shadow does a nice job of creating a soft direction of light.

In this case though, I asked the couple to just have fun with each other and shot away. The lighting, while not perfect, was still soft and complimented the easy fun, relaxed communication the couple was having and I captured a wonderful series of images.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Canon 100mm F2.8 IS Macro, F 3.2 @ 1/500 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David

4 comments:

  1. Nice post, David, and congratulations on your 2,500th post, too!
    Our bright, high altitude sun has always been my nemesis here in Aspen at 8,000 feet, but thanks to your suggestions, tips and techniques, I just may be taming that old rascal, Sol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    Please excuse my ignorance on lens choice here. What was the advantage of using the macro lens over a more conventional lens like the Canon 100mm EF f/2 USM?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Z, but you have bad WB in this otherwise beautiful picture... ;)

    ReplyDelete