Friday, October 01, 2010

"Soaring Blues"

Soaring In Blue-IMG_5185-Edit

"Soaring Blues"

©David A. Ziser

I'm putting one more abstract for today's image post. Yes, it's another image from our Las Vegas trip. This time the image was inside the City Center complex. It is a wide angle shot of the ceiling. With the use of some judicious cropping, I was able to isolate on the simple lines and shapes you see in the image. The long, strong, black diagonal lines and smooth curved lines of the window and ceiling, I feel, add a sense of movement to the image. They almost reveal a soaring quality to the composition.

Although originally the scene showed neutral whites and grays though out, a trip of the Lightroom sliders gave me the blue tones you see. When comparing both versions, I preferred the blue version for the post today.

This is obviously a “designed” image but I still think it is a fun, pleasant, peaceful image to view. Hey, that’s what composition is all about.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens, F 6.3 @ 1/1000 second, ISO 1000.  Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photo, David. I've enjoyed your presentations in the past so I wanted to share something I found just today. You've talked about shooting tethered and keeping the cable safely attached to the camera. Today I found this product - http://www.shop.tethertools.com/JerkStopper-Camera-Support-JS020.htm. It attaches to the camera and to the cable to prevent any strain on the tether cable. They have a corresponding attachment for the computer end. I have no financial interest in this company, BTW. Just thought you might like to see it. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete