Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Into the Light"

Into The Light

"Into the Light"
©David A. Ziser

This is just a simple available light photograph I captured at a recent wedding.  The lighting is just so beautiful and the story so simple – the bride is leaving her parent’s home for the last time as a single young lady. Today is the big day when she will be married.

I like the fact that you don’t even see the expression on her face.  Is she happy, anxious, excited – perhaps all of the above.  This image leaves it to you to your imagination.

The white, black, and grey tones provide a tranquil serenity in contrast with the bright light of this beautiful day almost speaking to the bride’s bright future.

I love the long sweeping soft curves of the wedding gown and the veil as the bride makes her way to the front door. Notice how your eye is led around the curve of the window over the door then dropping down to the bride. Look how that visual line completes it’s S-curve as it continues down the curve of the train of the gown and exits bottom right.  I think all the elements come together well for a nice reportage style image for the bride’s wedding day.

Camera specs:  Canon 5D Mark II fitted with Canon 24-105mm IS lens at 24mm, F4.0 @ 1/200 second, ISO 1600.  Enjoy!  -David

4 comments:

  1. Firstly, thank you for the excellent seminar last nigh. You may remember me as one of the few people who didn't win a door prize. (It was a big crowd and I don't remember seeing so much stuff given away to so many since the last Republican tax cut. But, I digress...)

    Regarding your blog post, "The height of all the building within the District of Columbia is limited to the width of the street it's on plus 20 feet." That's something I didn't know and what I had heard was that no building can be taller than the Capital building.

    Thanks again for inspiring me to take better pictures and providing some tools to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot, Anthony Robbins:) I'm mean Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, this photo is amazing. I never would have thought to be in that spot at that time...I have to learn to think differently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks posed, was it?

    ReplyDelete