Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Technique Tuesday: The Photographic Flip Side of David Ziser

Good Morning Everybody,

Columbus Well, our best laid plans of yesterday were put on hold and it’s today that we are making the 2 hour drive to Columbus, OH for my CBTL2010 tour this evening.  No big deal, we got a few more projects accomplished around the studio before we head to Columbus.

As I said yesterday, we are looking forward to an excited group of over 200 photographers coming by this evening to hear the presentation. We stay over in Columbus tonight and head on back home tomorrow just in time for my Rocket Speed Digital Design Webcast [link] – yes, we’ve been working on that in between everything else.  We should be able to “rock and roll” with the program by show time of 3:00 p.m. EDT.  Hope a lot of you can stop on by.

Hey gang, I’ve got a brand new Technique Tuesday for you this week.  It’s entitled mysteriously enough, “The Photographic Flip side of David Ziser.”  OK, what’s all the mystery about?  Check out this week’s episode to see what I’m talking about.

Technique Tuesday: The Photographic Flip Side of David Ziser

For just about my entire career, I have been photographing Weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, with a few high school senior and family portrait sessions thrown in for good measure.  Hey, I’ve always enjoyed being an event photographer, but when we travel, an alternate side of my photographic interests surfaces.

Waterfall That interest lies in landscape and fine art photography. And, why don’t we throw a little abstract art in for good measure.  If you follow the DPT blog you know this because I occasionally post one of those types of images as the daily image post.

You know, it’s just a part of photography that I enjoy exploring.  More than that, I enjoy bringing the image into Lightroom and Photoshop to finish the result.  I’ll take the finished image and create wall decor or even the occasional poster for display.  I find the entire process refreshing and relaxing.

I thought what I would do for today’s post is walk you through, not so much how I create the finished image – I’ve done that several times previously at DPT - check out this Technique Tuesday link right here which will point you to two such posts. Today I thought I would give you a peek as to the creative process I go though to create the image. A peek, as to how I see and then compose the final image.  Hit the PLAY button below and enjoy the show.

________________________________________________________

Hey everybody, that’s it for me today. Off to Columbus we go.  Hope to see you there tonight!  Don’t forget to check back tomorrow for another episode of the one that got away. It’s such a near miss, you don’t want to miss it.

See ya’ then,  David

2 comments: