Thursday, September 02, 2010

"Hot Vegas Sun"

Las Vegas Sun-IMG_5139-Edit

"Hot Vegas Sun"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image a few days ago while wandering the grounds of Mandalay Bay. The buildings in Las Vegas are so over the top, they make for great visual photographic exploration.

My favorite lenses for these kinds of shots are on the very wide angle variety. I love how the wide angle optics really converge the vertical lines as you see in this case. The challenge is to one's neck as I strain to to look vertically and compose the image.

I like this image because of the three bright sources of light, the sun and the two reflections. The visual implication here is that it is really a bright day, which it was, in Las Vegas. Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens at 8mm, F 14 @ 1/320 second, ISO 100. Enjoy! David

3 comments:

  1. I'd be afraid to point my 7D sensor at that sun! :) This image makes me miss Vegas! Thanks so much for your continuing education of thise of us out here in the trenches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your eye for strong composition and use of light in these posts. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shot. it almost looked like a HDR photo. keep it coming :)

    ReplyDelete