Thursday, September 09, 2010

Don Quixote's Greatest Challenge

Don Quiote's Greatest ChallengeIMG_6276

"Don Quixote's Greatest Challenge"
©David A. Ziser

The wind farm near Palm Springs is amazing [link]. There must be hundreds of wind turbines all over the mountains. We passed these turbines coming into Palm Springs, CA this past Sunday.

It was pretty dark and I didn't know if I was going to be able to capture the photograph. I wanted to give it a try though because I loved how the turbines seemed to be guarding the hill side, just like an army of soldiers, in defiance to the onlookers.

This was definitely a "drive by shooting" shot. We were stopped for a stop sign with a car approaching from the rear. I asked LaDawn to roll down the window, I grabbed the camera and took the shot. A small amount of tweaking in Lightroom 3.2 gave me the final result.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 165mm, F5.6 @ 1/60 second, ISO 3200. Enjoy! -David

4 comments:

  1. Very, very nice. You should shoot from the window often Don Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drive past there all the time, but I've never found a good vantage point or good light. I'm usually driving through between 10 AM and 2 PM!

    Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice David! I enjoyed your talk tonight, just as I did some years ago! It was good talking with you!
    Kris
    4leafphoto.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title - and the shot :)

    ReplyDelete