Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Man Of The Moment"

0001-Man Of The Moment-IMG_5547
"Man Of The Moment"
©David A. Ziser

 

Today seems to be “Groom’s Day” as both posts discuss groom’s photographs. I seem to highlight the brides a lot of times, but today the groom gets a double shot.

This image was made during my wedding shootout in Las Vegas a few weeks ago.  I like today’s photograph of the groom a lot.  I was working with a very wide angle lens again, which really picked up lots of the architectural elements of the church.

The challenge was to get the groom positioned so that everything worked well. Notice how I have him positioned at “nodal point #1 in the scene. The crucifix offers a nice compositional counterpoint in the shot too. The wide angle view really makes for a dramatic portrait.

I was also careful to keep his head positioned below the three small lights you see above his head.  All the elements, the skylight, slanted ceiling, aisle, pews, and cross all surround our groom in such a way to really drive the viewer’s attention directly to our handsome gentleman.

Lighting was through my Zumbrella, camera right about 7 feet away, with my Quantum set to 1/4 power or about 40 watt seconds.  The shutter speed was adjusted till I thought I had a nice balance of the ambient light with the flash.

Camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens at 11mm, F 5.6 @ 1/50 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment