Friday, September 03, 2010

"Love Lines"

0001-Love Lines-IMG_5624

"Love Lines"
©David A. Ziser

I captured this image during my Wedding Shootout on Tuesday while at Photoshop World Las Vegas. It was one of the last images I made in the church. I was working in the back section of the church and first lit the bride and groom with my routine Zumbrella light set up. The problem was the fact that the church's ceiling was very much lower at this spot. When I made the first images, light spilled onto the ceiling's surface causing quite a lighting distraction to the overall image.

I needed to focus the light directly on the subjects. My good buddies  at ExpoImaging sent me a pack of their Rogue Flash Benders a few weeks ago. I’ve enjoying using the Flash Bender in situations just like this. I removed the reflector from my Quantum flash head revealing only the bare bulb. Next I rolled the flash bender into a snoot and attached the large flash bender to the flash head. With this setup I was able to create a small cone of light that fell only on the bride and groom creating the loop light on the bride that I wanted and the light was completely shaded from the ceiling.

The placement of the couple was next on the list. I surveyed the leading lines of the sanctuary and positioned them so that all the architectural elements of the church led the viewers' eyes directly to the couple. The fact that the light was also targeted on the couple completed the image.

Light camera right, Quantum flash with Rogue Light Shaper.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens at 13mm, F5.6 @ 1/60 second, ISO 1000. Enjoy! David

2 comments:

  1. David,you are one of the hardest working people in the business today. Thanks for ALL you do in our industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it David and I would have to agree one of the hardest working person I've veer seen in the photo industry. Do you ever sleep? lol

    ReplyDelete