Friday, September 24, 2010

"Happy Smiles"

0001-Four Princesses-0101_Ellis P10

"Happy Smiles"
©David A. Ziser

I captured this image during a family portrait session a few weeks ago. The mom and dad of these four smiling faces were clients of mine years ago – I photographed mom and dad’s wedding.

Every few years or so they give me a call to photograph their 4 beautiful children.  It’s always around Christmas time and I always end up doing the portrait in their home.  I’ve been encouraging mom to do something in the fall BEFORE the holidays roll around so we could get some great casual outdoor images.

This was the lucky year.  We all headed to the park and I had the honor of photographing this wonderful family and have some great images of the family all together, the kids, and mom and dad. I’ve watched these kids grow up over these many years.  This portrait of these four young ladies is one of my favorites.  Each face reflects the different personality of each child.  I think that individuality really comes through in this portrait.

Lighting was from my Quantum at full power through my Zumbrella camera right at about 10 feet away. The accent light was from the sunlight peeking in from the clouds above and behind the four girls.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 115mm, F 4.0 @ 1/160 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous shot of 4 gorgeous girls! I can't get over their different hair colors as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! Wondering if you used a color gel to match the color temp of the strobe with the warm sunlight? --DH, Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Brian F.

    ReplyDelete