Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Aria Abstract"

0001-Aria Abstract-IMG_5184

"Aria Abstract"
©David A. Ziser

The City Center is the latest huge project to be completed in Las Vegas.  I’ve been going to Las Vegas attending conventions, speaking at them, and sometimes, just playing for over 25 years.  I remember watching the Mirage, Bellagio, Venetian, and City Center among others being built over all those years – the city just never stops building.

Anyway, City Center is just an amazing building complex to visit.  The steel, glass, lines, and textures of any or all of the structures is just flat out fun to see and photograph.  I love looking for the interplay of those elements. 

That’s what happened in this photograph.  I’m not quite sure just where I took this photograph, but that is really unimportant.  What was important for me was the wonderful interplay of the diagonal lines, the smaller rectangular textures, both counterbalanced with the funky small structures to the right.

But that was just the beginning.  Notice too how the center of the image just seems to glow.  Notice too how the grey tonalities running throughout the image never get really dark.  There almost seems to be an inviting gentleness emanating from this image. It’s one of my favorites from our recent trip to Las Vegas.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with a Sigma 8-16mm lens at 16mm, F10 @ 1/100 second, ISO 1000. Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. This is why I keep coming back to your blog - wedding photography is interesting only abstractly to me but the way you mix that with these almost abstract images really interests me as that's where I find myself going as well.

    ReplyDelete