Friday, September 17, 2010

"Pink Toes"

0001-Blog Pics-IMG_4597

"Pink Toes"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image made during our “urban” shooting session a few weeks ago.  I like the position of the bride on the curb where these two alleys converge.  Sitting on the curb with her knees up easily reveals her fun colored hot pink shoes under the gown, which easily become the main point of interest in the image.

I used the widest lens I could to really accentuate the convergence of the lines both horizontally and vertically.  I think the effect emphasizes the grittiness of the urban setting.

With the bride in the shade, I simply brought in my flash at 12 feet away shooting through my Zumbrella.  In the much brighter outdoor sun light the flash needed to be set to full power or 150 w.s.

I find this to be kind of a fun photograph.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens at 8mm, F 5.6 @ 1/400 second 9cheating the sync), ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

P.S. Hey gang, I got the image of the day post up but need to head to the plane in a few minutes.  I’ll send the regular Friday post up later today.

3 comments:

  1. very nice, can you use the flash at 1/400 second?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good photo as always David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you should have called it "point woman in pink":

    ReplyDelete