Friday, September 10, 2010

“Desert Dancer”

Desert Dancer 2IMG_5254

"Desert Dancer "
©David A. Ziser

Here is another photograph I made of my daughter while we were in Las Vegas for Photoshop World. I've recently been having a lot of fun shooting with reflecting panels because of the control it gives me in shooting outdoors.

The main thing is to be sure you are not blinding your subject. By using the reflector judiciously, you can usually ameliorate the issue. If the reflecting light is to bright, have your subject look down away from the bright refection.

What I find intriguing about this image is it's composition. I positioned Elizabeth framed up on the red rocks with the deep blue sky behind her. The light on the subject is nearly the same exposure as the sky because of the 90 % efficiency of the reflecting panel I was using. That's why the sky retained a lot of it's color.

The wide angle lens, low vantage point, and beautiful setting resulted in what I find to be a very unusual and dramatic bridal portrait.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm wide angle lens at 11mm, F5.6 @ 1/640 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. It´s beautiful! I love the colors, blue sky and terrakotta rock.. =) And the reflection worked out great!

    ReplyDelete