Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Party Time"

Party Time

"Party Time"
©David A. Ziser

Here is an image I made right after I got my brand new Canon 5D Mark II about a year and a half ago.  I was stoked to give it a try.  This image was made of this young lady right before all the guests made their entrance into the wonderful party setting. I always want to capture some photographs of the guest of honor in their themed room setting.  These kinds of images make for some great opening shots for the party. With my new camera, I wanted to try the high ISO characteristics and wanted to see what my 12mm Sigma would look like on the full frame camera body.  I love how the shot came out.  Notice how the wide angle lens forces all the lines in the image to focus attention directly on the subject, assuming of course, that you position her that way in the composition. Lighting coming from camera right via my Z-Ray.  (Thanks Death Bag Toter for the correction) All told, a very dramatic portrait.  Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted with Sigma 12-24mm super wide angle lens, F6.3 @ 1/20 second (handheld), ISO 3200. Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Why did you not put the horizon on the knees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mean to be picky, but this looks to be Z-ray light, not quantum.

    ReplyDelete