Monday, February 08, 2010

"New Orleans Welcome"

New Orleans Welcome

"New Orleans Welcome"
©David A. Ziser

I captured this image after we departed the plane and walked through New Orleans airport on the way to baggage claim this past Thursday. As you know, I'm a big fan of symmetrical compositions and the ceiling of the New Orleans airport fit the bill for me.  The monochromatic tones were offset by the blue sky just peeking in the small ceiling openings at the top structure. The parallel lines of the ceiling made to converge with my wide angle lens contrasted well with the semicircular features of the ceiling too.  All combined into a simple geometric composition accented by small touches of color for a pretty cool image.  Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 18mm, F 5.0 @ 1/60 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised you were able to shoot in the airport. The last time I had my camera in an airport, I was almost arrested. I was picking up my daughter and did not want to leave the camera in the car, so I carried it in with me. I was not 10 steps inside the door before security was on me. Have they loosened up or was my experience unusual?

    ReplyDelete