Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"Innocent Eyes"

Innocent Eyes

"Innocent Eyes"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image a few years ago at a wedding and still love it. I always like to capture an image that just simply focuses on the flower girl. The flower girls and ring bearers come in all ages and the younger ones can be a bit over whelmed by the activities of the day and become a bit more shy.  How do you still obtain the photograph of such a shy little girl?  My solution was/is always have the little girl get close to the bride and get a photograph of both of them.  Once I know I have that shot of the two of them together, I simply, and slowly , drop to my knees, speak softly to get the child’s attention, zoom into, in this case, the little girl's expression, and shoot away.  The brides, gentle, reassuring touch on the young girl's shoulder offer her the security she needs as I capture my images.  It works every time.  Lighting is provided camera right from a medium size window. Camera specs; Nikon D1x fitted with 50mm F1.4 lens, F2.8 @ 1/160 second, ISO 800. Enjoy!  -David

5 comments:

  1. super!! what a cutie!!
    Her arm/hand is in a beautiful line with the brides arm!
    And the way she keeps her hand on her brest... very tender.

    why not in color?

    Jan B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot, David. Those are the ones the wedding couple will cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks David for your insight. What a wonderful way to get such a precious shot. By the way, I see you use to shoot with a Nikon. Why the switch to Canon, or do you continue to shoot with both?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still working up to doing my first wedding. I am extremly nervous but with all these great tips and Scott's books I think I will do great! Thank you for all your advice. It's nice to see Photographers helping eachother grow insteed of break eachother like this one photographer I know who should have been a football player not the photographer. I have only been doing this for 6 months but I love the profession. Thanks again! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete