Monday, February 22, 2010

"Art Museum Beauty"

Art Museum Beauty

"Art Museum Beauty"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image a few years ago and it's still one of my favorites.  I like it because of how quickly I was able to pull it off and still capture a great photograph. So many times photographers think it's always about the equipment.  It's not, it's about the technique.  This image looks like it was taken with studio strobes on location.  The reality is this.  I zoomed into the bride till I had the crop I wanted, turned my on-camera flash to a nearby pillar (like those you see in the background), and fired away.  The light from the flash reflected off the pillar illuminating the bride with a beautiful, dimensional loop lighting pattern.  I balanced the ambient light with the reflected flash for a stunning portrait of my bride made in only a matter of minutes with a minimum amount of lighting equipment.  Camera specs; Canon 30D fitted with 17-85mm IS lens, at 45mm, F5.6 @ 1/25 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Hi David, I'm a great fan of your work, I just wanted to ask if you have any trouble with sharpness at the slow shutter speeds that you use most of the time? Even if you've got a really steady hand and stablized lenses surely the bride would have to keep completely still?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This portrait is beautiful! One of my favorites of yours thus far! :) I would LOVE to know what PP work you did on this one??

    ReplyDelete