Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Fantasy In White"

Beauty In White

"Fantasy In White"
©David A. Ziser

Here is an image a made a few years ago.  The challenge was to get a great shot of the bride in very adverse lighting conditions – in this case, direct bright afternoon sunlight.  I thought, “Why not just shoot the shot and worry about it later.  The original image in color was not all that exciting.  But, after I de-saturated the image and raised the levels of the mid-tones, I was liking it better and better.  A final tweak with the highlights finished the job. Lots of folks have their favorite way to convert an image to black and white.  My favorite for wedding images is the quick technique I described above.  I love the soft, airy, almost fantasy feeling of the image. Give it a try – just remember, it’s the mid-tone Photoshop slide in “levels” that works the magic. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 115mm, F8.0 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200. Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. This shot is amazing and I love the ethereal quality of it. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete