Thursday, February 18, 2010

Business Day Thursday: One Very Cool Self Promotion Idea

Afternoon Everybody,

Until I saw the comments coming in from yesterday's post, I was feeling like I was the only one having the problem with Lightroom 3b’s super slow, non-intuitive import function.  I’ve done a quick update to yesterday’s article right here to clarify why I think the import is really slow. Just scroll to the bottom of the post to read the update. 

My “Captured By The Light” webinar [link] is less that 2 weeks away and we have 360 people signed up already! Remember, it’s free and we are giving away 3 autographed copies of my book and 3 copies of my “Digital WakeUp Call – A New Dawn” 4 DVD set. I’ve asked my Ace #1 assistant, Nicholas, to be standing by to answer “one on one” questions with the audience, too. Don’t miss it!

Captured By The Light Webinar Logo

Hit the logo above to REGISTER!

OK, time to get on with today’s post. I saw this idea in this week’s issue of my DWF newsletter.  I think it’s about the best and most creative marketing idea I’ve seen in a while. 

This idea, if done regularly, can only help to grow business buzz about your studio and help those sales grow.  Want to see what I’m talking about – then hit the link below for the rest of the story.

Business Day Thursday: One Very Cool Self Promotion Idea

Man, am I fired up with today's post.  What I'm going to share with you today is one of the best self promotion Ideas I have ever seen.

DWF Newsletter Here is the back story.  I'm checking my email first thing yesterday morning and there sits an e-newsletter from Digital Wedding Forum - DWF [link]. Tim, the editor always comes up with some great content - 9 articles this time around - for the newsletter.  If you are not a member, you've got to check DWF out.

I gave it a quick scan and my eye caught the article entitled, "Hot Jammin' Photo Edit".  Here is the deal. Jeff Dietz [link], a really talented photographer from the Wilkes Barre and Scranton, PA area, has discovered a fantastic marketing tool. Be sure to check out his site too, BTW.

Jeff Dietz Photog Once a week, he picks a "model of the week," and as he edits one of the images in Photoshop, he creates a time lapse movie of the editing process for a local magazine. Hey, not all of us are working with magazines in our area, but I think this is a "dynamite" idea that you could work into your web site or blog.

I think this could easily become an ideal "senior magnet" for photographers shooting seniors, and I don't mean old people.  Image one of your clients being selected "Senior Model Of The Week" and being featured on your blog. I think that would create a lot of "buzz" for your studio.

I pulled Jeff's video off YouTube so you could see what I talking about.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not talking about embarrassing someone with some horrible "before" picture and turning it into a stunning "after" image.  I'm suggesting starting with a nice "before" image and turning it into something great.

Man, you could take this whole concept to new sales heights.  Let the "after" image also be featured in some of your hot new products - the possibilities are endless!

_____________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today.  I'll plan to see everybody tomorrow with another scintillating post ;~) 

See ya' then,  -David

4 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    The video is very cool but the music is definitely R-rated!
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea. Nice to show how much work goes into each image. As well I think it would be great for friends to pass the link on to each other.

    Curtis Wallis
    Wedding Photographer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that one David. This is a really good idea and very easy to do too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea - just wondering what is used to capture the time lapse movie of the process...?

    ReplyDelete