Tuesday, February 02, 2010

"Going For The Gold"

Going For The Gold

"Going For The Gold"
©David A. Ziser

Here is one of the banners discussed in today's Technique Tuesday below. I have to say, I love putting these montages together.  To photograph our young man, we set up a back-light - my Quantum T5d. I then pointed it at a white wall behind my subject to force a very bright illumination. This procedure made it easy to extract our subject from the background in Photoshop.  Next I illuminated our subject from the right by setting up a second Quantum on a light stand shooting through my Zumbrella.  Max was on a milk crate cover with a white cloth and I was laying on the floor to get the perspective I wanted. In putting the two images together for the montage, I was careful to have the direction of light be consistent in both the stock image and my image of the subject. Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 12-24mm lens at 19mm, F8.0 @ 1/60 second, ISO 800. Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment