Monday, February 01, 2010

"Elegant Surrounds"

Elegant Surrounds

"Elegant Surrounds"
©David A. Ziser

I thought I'd get back to a few wedding images this week.  Here is one of my favorites from a few years ago.  I didn't shoot the original wedding but got the call to shoot a bridal portrait session of the couple after the wedding.  The bride and her mother just wanted something a bit more elegant than the wedding day coverage provided.  I was happy to oblige.  This image was made in the groom's mother's home - and a beautiful home it was. My assistant was positioned camera left holding my Quantum at 1/4 power and shooting through a translucent umbrella to give me the beautiful, dimensional loop lighting pattern on the bride's face.  I adjusted the shutter speed to accommodate a bit of the ambient light in the room while not "blowing out the windows in the background. The image is  simple, easy, and classic. The client loved it. Camera specs: Nikon D1x fitted with 18-35mm Nikkor lens, F 5.6 @ 1/50 second, ISO 400. Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment