Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"Soaring Elegance”

Soaring Elegance

"Soaring Elegance”
©David A. Ziser

This image was made at a local hotel, Marriott Riverside, a few years ago.  The sad news is that recently remodeled the hotel and the stairway in now completely blocked by their new architectural features.  This was always a great location to shoot whenever we had a wedding at the Marriott.  Anyway, look how the wide angle lens together with my low vantage point accentuate the lines leading right to the bride. My Quantum Flash coming in from camera right shooting through a translucent umbrella supplied the directional illumination.  The slower shutter speed picked up additional nuances of the surrounds.  Camera specs: Canon 40 fitted with 10-22mm wide angle lens at 10mm, F5.6 @ 1/40 second, ISO 800.

Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. Hey David! I recognize that shot! I'm pretty sure I'm standing camera left of you shooting the same shot with my Quantum and Trent Spann's FreeXWire setup! Hate to hear they've messed up this shooting locale! Can't wait till your book arrives (I've received shipping notice) - I'll get you to sign it next time I see you! Take care - hope you're doing well!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,

    This has to be one of the most captivating images I have seen on your blog.....Amazing shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutley stunning picture.

    ReplyDelete