Tuesday, August 02, 2011

"Falling For You"

Falling For You

"Falling For You"
© David A. Ziser

Here is an image I made back in my Nikon days.  I was rummaging through the archives yesterday for a few image for today’s Technique Tuesday post and found this one.  It’s from an engagement session I did about 7 years ago.

This location was always one of my favorites, but has since been declared off limits by the owner.  Too bad, I always got some great images there.  The colors, lines, and textures always added so much to the beauty of the photographs taken in this location.

This image was usually the last one or two I would make during our shoot.  The sun had set enough for the backlighting on the couple to really show up nicely.

The best thing about this image is the composition – look how the road leads your eye right to the couple.  Notice, too, how the canopy of trees offers a nice framing element for the photograph. Add the strong backlighting for the final emphasis and there’s no way your eye will wonder from the subject.

Camera specs:  Nikon D1x fitted with 80-200 Nikkor lens at 145mm, F5.0 @ 1/15 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy! -David

1 comment: