Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hot Times In The Summer; The Top Wedding Book In Poland; & Rambo’s Tips For Living Life

Good Afternoon Everybody,

Hey gang, sorry about the late post today.  We are buried once again with a few too many projects going on at the same time. Didn’t I just say on Monday this was a light week….what happened? I’m keeping it short and sweet. Here are a few of today’s highlights.

PhotoPro Summer School Coming Up July 10-12, 2011

Lately I have been all consumed with our PhotoPro Summer School and Print Review [link] coming up July 10-12, 2011.  As the President we’re tying up the loose ends to what is shaping up to be the Summer bargain photographic event of the year! I hope you’ll join us.  Click on the image below for all the info.

PhotoPro Summer School

Attention All Polish Wedding Photographers!

CBTL Polish Yesterday I received an email from one of our DPT readers who told me that my Captured By The Light Book was recently reviewed by one of the top photo publications in Poland and he sent me a copy of the review. OK, that came as quite a surprise to me – I didn’t even realize my book was published in Poland. 

I checked my Google Analytics and discovered I have 557 folks over in Poland reading DigitalProTalk – THANK YOU you very much.  Now you can pick up my very popular CBTL booking in your native language.

Pssst… I don’t know what it goes for in Poland, but you can pick up a signed copy over at our Digital Resource Center for only $29.95 plus shipping – alas, it will be in my native tongue ;~)

Sly's Top 10 Tips for Life

Rambo IILate the other night I was doing a little channel surfing and stumbled across the last 30 minutes of Sly Stalone’s Rambo: First Blood Part II.  I’ve always been a Sly/Rocky fan and hadn’t seen this movie in quite a while so I decided to stick around.  Hey, it’s a “guy” thing ;~)

As you may or may not know, Sylvester Stallone has established worldwide recognition as an actor, writer and director since he played the title role in his own screenplay of Rocky, which won the Academy Award in 1976 for Best Picture. And, he has continued to build on that early success for these many years.

If you remember his movie First Blood I, it was a typical action flick with Sly in most of the action.  What struck me about the second movie was how pumped up Sly had become.  Hey, I’m no body builder, but this time Sly had definitely been working out a lot more.

I’m a big fan of having an iPad close by when watching movies just so you can check out a fact or two about the movie you’re watching.  I did a quick search on Sly’s new body shape and eventually stumbled upon his top 10 tips for living life.  Ya’ know, I think they apply to anyone who wishes to be successful. Give them a read below.

Sly's Top 10 Tips for Life
1. If it's not broken, break it. That's how new discoveries are made. That's why everything that changes life is called a breakthrough.
2. Only choose a goal that - if you had to - you'd gladly pursue for free. In order to achieve success, you've got to follow your passion.
3. Enthusiasm is like a wonderful disease - keep spreading it until everyone's infected.
4. Study people's success stories hard. Study their failures even harder.
5. Being naive in business and in understanding human nature is a recipe for disaster.
6. Don't be afraid of embarrassment while pursuing your goal. It's all part of being committed.
7. If other people can steal your idea, they most likely will.
8. Don't discuss your dreams. Pursue them!
9. Every day - every few hours - see your vision materializing.
10. Believe it! Truly, it can be done and it will.

__________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  Check back tomorrow for another Business Day Thursday episode: “They Cancelled the Wedding – Should I Keep Their Deposit?”  Uhmmm…. what would you do?

See ya’ tomorrow,  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment