Thursday, June 02, 2011

"Just Hangin’ Out"

Hanging Out In Ybor CityIMG_6685

"Just Hangin’ Out"
© David A. Ziser

Not all engagement photographs have to be of the “lovey-dovey” variety.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m just as romantic as the next guy – just ask LaDawn ;~)  But, I do like to show a few “lifestyle” images in the engagement session.

That is the case here.  We were strolling along one of the side streets of Ybor City during our shoot last week and I was immediately attracted to the tones, textures, and shapes I saw in this location.  Don’t the blue steps and the brown and greenish wall make a great background for an urban portrait? 

The couple was standing in the shade of the building.  That allowed me to bring my off-camera flash in from camera right to get the loop lighting on the girls face.  In this kind of situation, I let the light fall on the guy’s face in a split lighting configuration.

The back to back pose and sunglasses make the shot work here.  Remember, I first saw the cool location then designed the pose and lighting around what I saw.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 130mm, F10 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. Ybor City is such a great place to shoot. I shoot there at least once a month, and have for several years now. Just when you think you've exhausted all of your creativity for the area, you see a great new hidden area or angle. You've inspired me to look for something different when I go next time!

    ReplyDelete