Friday, May 07, 2010

"Catching The Breeze"

Feeling The Breeze

"Catching The Breeze"
©David A. Ziser

First off, let me say that I love this shot.  I love the lighting, I love the spontaneity, I love the breeze blowing the veil, and I love the setting.  It's another image I made during my Digital Master Class last week.  We had just started taking photographs in this little park in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio.  It was a bit chilly and windy.  But, the wind brought the magic to the shoot.  When I saw what the wind was doing to the veil I just started shooting away directing the bride to “go with the wind” and just try to keep the veil out of her face. I eventually captured this shot.  Lighting was a bit trickier to accomplish.  We decided to use a very shiny Westcott 36 inch silver reflector and bounce some sunlight back into the bride's face.  Keeping the reflector in the proper position proved a slight challenge in the wind. Nevertheless, we pulled it off for this photograph. We got a perfect loop light on the bride's face, great movement in the pose for a kind of  "fashion wedding image".  Oh, one minor issue when you read the camera specs below. I was in such a hurry to capture this image, I neglected to reduce my ISO for the outside shooting - whoops! Hey, isn't that what Lightroom 3's noise reduction is all about:~) Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 145mm, F5.6 @ 1/4000 second, ISO 1600.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. And I thought you were infallible ! :)

    (Nice shot).

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great and it is great to know even a seasoned pro occasionally forgets to look at a setting when changing locations.

    ReplyDelete