Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Technique Tuesday: From Good To Great!

Good Morning Everybody,

Oops!We are out the door in just about an hour so this post is going to be short and sweet.   A couple of quick notes. In the press, they call it errors, omissions, and corrections. 

I'm calling it a big "goof."  In Friday's post [link] I said we had visited with over 800 in our three weeks on the road - Wrong!.  The actual number should have been 2400 attendees strong. Thanks again to all those attending the presentation.

Then yesterday in my post about "Four Hours of Training for $4.00," I left out the PhotoVision link for the $4.00 special.  Duhhh!!!  Here is the link again. BTW, both errors have been corrected on DPT.

Anyway, we are going to be pretty busy at Photoshop World.  Here is where you can find me the next few days:

  • Wednesday - I'll be doing my "Wedding Shoot Out" Pre-Con.

  • Thursday -  From 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. I'll be in the B&H Theater presenting a new program, "Make Your Lighting Exciting."

  • Friday -   At 8:15 a.m. I'll be doing my "Lightroom For Wedding Photographers" program.  Then at 1:00 p.m. you can find me at the Westcott booth doing lighting demos.

  • Saturday - You can catch me at the Peachpit Booth at 1:00 p.m.  and then at 2:15 p.m.  I'm presenting my program, "Flashing For Fun And Profit."

Please be sure to come by and say HI.

Help WantedLaDawn’s HELP WANTED AD!

Hey gang LaDawn wanted me to put out the call for a volunteers who want to help for the next leg of the Digital WakeUp Call tour.  Starting October 5 she needs help in Boston 10/5, Hartford 10/6, NY-LaGuardia 10/7, and NY-Manhattan 10/8. Here is the link to the cities and dates.  Please email LaDawn at ladawn@ziser.com for additional times and information.

OK, gang, it's time for this week's Technique Tuesday: From Good To Great!

From Good To Great!

Morning Glory-IMG_7669-Edit-Edit[5] Last week I posted one of the prettiest sunrises I had ever seen as the "image of the day."  Here is the link to "Morning Glory."The sunrise was gorgeous all by itself  but, I thought I could enhance it even more with a Lightroom/Photoshop tweak or two.

The resultant image was beautiful and was more that a simple "saturation" push. In fact what happened encompassed the entire creative process we photographers go through to obtain that great image.  That's what I wanted to share with you today.  Hit the PLAY button above to see what the original image looked like; then where it ended up, and what the sky looked like about 2 hours later.  I think you will enjoy the creative journey.

Hey gang, that's it for me today.  We are loading up the bags and heading out.  See everybody tomorrow in Las Vegas.  Just a reminder; I'll be on Pacific time so the post may be a little later in the day for all you East coasters. - See ya' tomorrow.  -David

1 comment:

  1. Nice tutorial but you misspoke at the end.. YOu called it a beautiful "sunset" when it was actually a "sunrise"

    ReplyDelete