Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"Afternoon Delight"

Afternoon Delight-0095-Training - IMG_3043 "Afternoon Delight"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image one afternoon a few months ago at the Cincinnati Club, a favorite wedding reception venue here in the city. The staircase of the second floor always make for a great location for a bridal portrait. Just look how all the leading lines of the stairs, railing, and other architectural elements all draw you eye right to the bride. I lit the bride from the side by bouncing the light off the wall opposite the bride. The space was too small for me to use my Zumbrella, but I got the same lighting characteristics - softness and direction - just by using the wall. I really like how the image turned out – the bride looks like she is indeed having a delightful afternoon. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with Sigma 12-24mm lens, F5.6 @ 1/40 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! David.

2 comments: