Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Winter Wonderland"

WinterWonderland_thumb3

"Winter Wonderland"
© David A. Ziser

It’s late, we’re tired – and we just got back home from our PhotoPro Summer School.  I began today’s post in Lexington, KY but it just didn’t come together in time for a timely post. I promise things will be getting back to normal tomorrow ;~)

Oh, did I say it’s hot around here too – way too hot for Kentucky, so I’m posting a cooling off photograph for today.  Ahh, I wish I could breath in a little air from that snow covered landscape.

This is a image I posted a few years ago and I just saw that my buddy, Skip Cohen, posted it over at his site SkipsPhotoNetwork.com [link] today. Hey, it’s hot everywhere so consider this my '”cooling off” image of the day too.

Here is the back story:

This image was made in Sudbury, Ontario - the nickel capital of the world they say. It was pretty darn cold and snow covered everything during my visit. But, as you can see the snow made the shot.  The bride was not standing in snow, but in a cleared area of the parking lot above me. 

I was positioned on the lower church parking lot also not in the snow.  My first choice was to grab a wide angle lens for the shot but quickly changed my mind when the bride disappeared in the composition.  I switched to a medium telephoto lens and could see the bride again.  The lighting is supplied by the setting evening sun to my right. 

This is still one of my favorite images even though it was made back in the film days. 

Camera specs; Hasselblad 500CM fitted with 150mm Sonar lens, F22 @ 1/250 second, Kodak Vericolor film - ISO 400. Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment