Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Church Soldiers"

0001- Church SoldiersIMG_4822-Edit

"Church Soldiers"
© David A. Ziser

Here is another image I made during our Photowalk this past Saturday in NYC.  As I’ve said earlier, it was quite a colorful walk.  This is an image taken of the front door of one of the churches we strolled by.  I thought the unique rail leading to the bright red front doors of the church looking like the congregants marching up the Sunday service in single file.

I liked the original image, but decided to give it a different perspective.  How about two groups in single file almost soldier-like heading up to the entrance?  It was easy to do – head over to Photoshop, crop to the left door section of the image, and then create a mirror image of the crop on the right side. Tweak the colors and contrasts in Lightroom 3 a bit more and I had the result I was looking for.

Now I thought I really had a fairly interesting composition happening.  What do you think?

Camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 80mm, F5.6 @ 1/160 second, ISO 1000.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. I like it! I was on the walk with you Saturday and remember this red door. It was very nice meeting you, La Dawn and all the other folks who ventured out in July heat that morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Ken! Great walk and this is a great photo too!!! Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete