Monday, July 18, 2011

Quick Hit Monday: Making Friends; Photoshop & Lightroom Tips; Photography & Creativity

Good Afternoon Everybody,

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  We got together with a few friends and spent  2 1/2 hours on a very relaxing photowalk across the John Roebling Suspension Bridge spanning the Ohio and Kentucky banks of the Ohio River.  The weather as most parts of the United States was unseasonably warm. What strikes me about these photo walks is the fact that you don't need to be rushing anywhere.  You just walk, talk, take a few photographs and enjoy each others company.

0003-George-IMG_4336-Edit Sometimes you even run into some nice people to visit with.  As we made our way down to Riverside Drive, a beautiful place to relax right on the river,  lots of folks were doing just that. A very friendly gentle who was enjoying the day with his lady friend, asked me to take his photograph.  I was happy to oblige. 

George, the stranger turned friend, was a minister serving the prison community of Fort Bragg, GA.  He was spending a few day visiting our fair city and seemed to really be enjoying the visit. I got this great shot of George holding up the “McDonald's Bridge.”  It was a nice visit – happy travels, George.

Bear LR Yesterday was one of those days… I felt like the salmon swimming upstream all day and at the end the bear got me anyway.  I'm working on a big project that involves rendering about 15  90-120 minute videos and I've been slowing progressing thru most of the weekend.  Camtasia is my go to solution for these kinds of projects but has not been its typical friendly self to me on this project. Unfortunately, several calls to tech support have not resolved the problems.

It's now 8:00 p.m. and I'm just now taking a break from my video woes to get something posted today. I'm keeping the post short and sweet today so I can get back to the videos.  Anyway, we we go...

Quick Hit Monday:  "Your best digital resource for news you can use."

All links have been thoroughly tested and verified by me to our highest standards for consumable digital fare ;~)

Photography Related:

  • Smoke Portrait 25 Brilliant Examples of Using Mist, Dust and Smoke in Portraiture [link]
  • 21 Things You Can Do Today to Change Your Photography Forever [link]
  • 20 Things I Learned About Photography [link]

Lightroom/Photoshop related:

  • 15 Photoshop Cheat Sheets [link]
  • Tom’s Top Ten Lightroom Tips [link]
  • Exposure vs. Brightness vs. Fill Light [link]

On Creativity:

  • 201 Ways to Arouse Your Creativity [link]
  • Originality Part II [link]

________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today.  I've got to run and get back to my video project.  LaDawn and I head to New York City on Wednesday morning and these need to be completed before our departure. Have a wonderful day/evening and I'll plan to see you sometime tomorrow .

See ya' then,  David

No comments:

Post a Comment